Hearing and Speech Nova Scotia (HSNS) employees can expect not only a fulfilling career, but a benefits and pension plan that ensures they can take great care of themselves. Our benefits and pension coverage differs based on employment status (regular or temporary) and may include the following:
- Nova Scotia Health Employees’ Pension Plan (NSHEPP)
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Critical Care Choice
- Disability Coverage
Our staff also enjoy:
- Family illness and medical time
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for continuing education
- Access to a professional network that can add to staff’s professional development and a respectful work culture
About the Nova Scotia Health Employees’ Pension Plan
The Nova Scotia Health Employees’ Pension Plan (NSHEPP) offers a secure way to enhance retirement income at a reasonable cost and provide for a brighter financial future through a lifetime pension. This pension is based on a pre-set formula based on annualized pensionable earnings and years of credited service. Members and HSNS share the cost of NSHEPP.
About the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Every HSNS employee and immediate family member has access to free immediate and confidential support services for any work, health or life concern.